The classic alternative/industrial track from 1985 and a timely posting to the blog. Happy Halloween from the IKDK crew.
Monday, October 31, 2011
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Nice downtempo indie duet from Carter Tanton.
Friday, October 28, 2011
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Class Actress in Toronto for the second time in the last couple of months and opening for Metronomy at the Mod Club. She is out promoting her fantastic new wave downtempo club beat album Rapprocher out on Carpark Records in the USA. Nice!.
This is what the crowd said:
@culturespotting: Dying for the first act! I wish the Mod Club had beds. A bar in London called boudoir had beds #MillionDollarIdea @shuttergrl (IKDK: That's Class Actress...get ready!!!)
@culturespotting: Digging opening act: Class Actress. Dynasty shoulder pads, 80s synth and I think she meowed that chorus line. #sold
@JRileyd: It's concentrated awesome on @kdhx right now... Class Actress was phenomenal... (IKDK: Not sure what that means but yeah!!!)
@DHWizzo: Haven't been this impressed by an opening band since Friendly Fires opened for Franz Ferdinand at Lee's Palace. Class Actress - nice.
@thatbrendagirl: Class Actress! So beautiful. @ The Mod Club Theatre
@panicmanual: crowd is packed at mod club for metronomy, where did they come from (IKDK: They were there to see Class Actress....gold!!)
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Monday, October 24, 2011
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Monday, October 17, 2011
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Quirky french pop from Nous Non Plus. Ace! Taken from Freudian Slip.
Just discovered this nice late eighties track taken from the band's final album The Triffids Present The Black Swan (1989). Have one Triffids record that I picked up in a dollar bin in the nineties but I've never really given it a listen. Really didn't know much about the Triffids before this. The band was out of Australia. Great track!!!!
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Friday, October 14, 2011
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Monday, October 10, 2011
Funky little downtempo groover reworked for maximum effect by Goldroom. As the saying goes, anything that Goldroom touches turns to gold.
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Monday, October 3, 2011
In 1984, an English Band called the Smiths dropped their first album on the world. The record was simply self-titled The Smiths. Mainstream britpop was born.
The Smiths are about to reissue their old material in a super limited edition box set (3000 copies worldwide). It will be followed by 8 CD and 8 Vinyl box sets of their albums and compilations. If you have 300-400 dollars lying around you can pick up the super limited edition version.
The set, titled The Smiths Complete - Deluxe Collectors Box Set, features remastered versions of eight albums (on CD and vinyl), as well as reproduced versions of 25 7" singles, and all sorts of other stuff. Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr and Frank Arkwright remastered all the music from its original tape sources. The set includes all four of the band's studio albums (1984's The Smiths, 1985's Meat Is Murder, 1986's The Queen Is Dead, 1987's Strangeways, Here We Come) alongside the 1988 live LP Rank and the compilations Hatful of Hollow (1984), The World Won't Listen (1987), and Louder Than Bombs (1987). All are included on mini-LP gatefold-style CDs and 180-gram vinyl.
It also contains 25 7" singles. And as if that wasn't enough, there's also a 36" x 24" poster of the band's album and single cover art, The Complete Picture DVD of their music videos, an eight-page 12" booklet of expanded liner notes, 12" prints of the cover art for all eight albums, and a code to digitally download everything.
7 Inches include:
7” Singles (only available in the Deluxe Collectors Boxset)
1. Hand In Glove b/w Handsome Devil (Live)
2. Reel Around The Fountain b/w Jeane
3. This Charming Man b/w Jeane
4. What Difference Does It Make? b/w Back To The Old House
5. Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now / Suffer Little Children
6. William, It Was Really Nothing b/w Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
7. How Soon Is Now b/w Well I Wonder
8. Shakespeare’s Sister b/w What She Said
9. The Headmaster Ritual b/w Oscillate Wildly
10. That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore b/w Meat Is Murder (Live)
11. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side b/w Asleep
12. Bigmouth Strikes Again b/w Money Changes Everything
13. Panicb/w Vicar In A Tutu
14. Ask b/w Cemetry Gates
15. Shoplifters Of The World Unite b/w Half A Person
16. Sheila Take A Bow b/w Is It Really So Strange?
17. Girlfriend In A Coma b/w Work Is a Four Letter Word
18. I Started Something I Couldn’t Finish b/w Pretty Girls Make Graves
19. Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me b/w Rusholme Ruffians
20. Sweet And Tender Hooligan b/w I Keep Mine Hidden
21. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out b/w Half A Person
22. Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others b/w The Draize Train
23. Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before b/w Girlfriend In A Coma
24. Hand In Glove b/w I Don’t Owe You Anything
25. William, It Was Really Nothing b/w How Soon Is Now
Hand In Glove taken from the album The Smiths
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Massive!!!! energetic club anthem from Deniz Koyu. Saturday Night. Nuit Blanche. Toronto. This is a promo video with snippet of the track.