Monday, October 3, 2011
The Smiths - The Smiths (Reissue 003)
In 1984, an English Band called the Smiths dropped their first album on the world. The record was simply self-titled The Smiths. Mainstream britpop was born.
The Smiths are about to reissue their old material in a super limited edition box set (3000 copies worldwide). It will be followed by 8 CD and 8 Vinyl box sets of their albums and compilations. If you have 300-400 dollars lying around you can pick up the super limited edition version.
The set, titled The Smiths Complete - Deluxe Collectors Box Set, features remastered versions of eight albums (on CD and vinyl), as well as reproduced versions of 25 7" singles, and all sorts of other stuff. Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr and Frank Arkwright remastered all the music from its original tape sources. The set includes all four of the band's studio albums (1984's The Smiths, 1985's Meat Is Murder, 1986's The Queen Is Dead, 1987's Strangeways, Here We Come) alongside the 1988 live LP Rank and the compilations Hatful of Hollow (1984), The World Won't Listen (1987), and Louder Than Bombs (1987). All are included on mini-LP gatefold-style CDs and 180-gram vinyl.
It also contains 25 7" singles. And as if that wasn't enough, there's also a 36" x 24" poster of the band's album and single cover art, The Complete Picture DVD of their music videos, an eight-page 12" booklet of expanded liner notes, 12" prints of the cover art for all eight albums, and a code to digitally download everything.
7 Inches include:
7” Singles (only available in the Deluxe Collectors Boxset)
1. Hand In Glove b/w Handsome Devil (Live)
2. Reel Around The Fountain b/w Jeane
3. This Charming Man b/w Jeane
4. What Difference Does It Make? b/w Back To The Old House
5. Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now / Suffer Little Children
6. William, It Was Really Nothing b/w Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
7. How Soon Is Now b/w Well I Wonder
8. Shakespeare’s Sister b/w What She Said
9. The Headmaster Ritual b/w Oscillate Wildly
10. That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore b/w Meat Is Murder (Live)
11. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side b/w Asleep
12. Bigmouth Strikes Again b/w Money Changes Everything
13. Panicb/w Vicar In A Tutu
14. Ask b/w Cemetry Gates
15. Shoplifters Of The World Unite b/w Half A Person
16. Sheila Take A Bow b/w Is It Really So Strange?
17. Girlfriend In A Coma b/w Work Is a Four Letter Word
18. I Started Something I Couldn’t Finish b/w Pretty Girls Make Graves
19. Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me b/w Rusholme Ruffians
20. Sweet And Tender Hooligan b/w I Keep Mine Hidden
21. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out b/w Half A Person
22. Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others b/w The Draize Train
23. Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before b/w Girlfriend In A Coma
24. Hand In Glove b/w I Don’t Owe You Anything
25. William, It Was Really Nothing b/w How Soon Is Now
Hand In Glove taken from the album The Smiths