Friday, June 15, 2012

NXNE Day 2 Ecstasy Irvine Welch Royal Cinema


Day two was a slow one. Started the day off watching Italy draw and potentially eliminate any opportunity they had of moving on to the next round. The day didn't get any better as I took in my first movie of the NXNE festival. Ecstasy, based on a book by Irvine Welsh was having its world premiere or something like that. Very hyped and the banner film for NXNE this year.

Unfortunately I was disappointed. Maybe I'm getting older but this movie didn't do much for me. Am I too old to relate? Not sure if it was the production or maybe simply it was an average film. Although I wasn't expecting a trainspotting, I was expecting more. Based on some of the comments from others that had bolted I wasn't alone.

Movie was filmed in Scotland and is billed as a Canadian dark romantic comedy film adaptation of the short story The Undefeated from the #1 best-selling book Ecstasy by Irvine Welsh.

Bolted for the door as soon as the film ended and missed the q and a with the director and Irvine Welsh. Needed to get myself to Luminato for Michael Franti and Spearhead.

No comments: