Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Echo and The Bunnymen Phoenix Concert Theatre Toronto May 16, 2011

Echo seem to love Toronto as they seem return for annual apperance every year. This time around they continue to embrace the full album tour concept and this time around they were to perform Heaven Up Here and Crocodiles in their entirety. Recently, they were in Toronto doing Ocean Rain in its entirety.

Kelley Stoltz

Kelley Stoltz was the opener tonight but there didn't seem to be any tweeting going on about Kelley. Even the Official Echo and the Bunnymen twitter account couldn't even spell his name correct:

@OfficialEATB: hey ! has anyone caught Kelly Stoltz on tour with us ? If so, are you liking him ?

In addition the only tweet I could find for Kelley was from a concert the night before from @danieldantastic in response to the above tweet:
 
@danieldantastic: @OfficialEATB Kelly Stoltz was painfully bad.

Kelley , an american musician, has actually released a number of albums over the years including three recently on Subpop Records. I've included a video at the end to let me know what you think.
 
Echo And The Bunnymen
 
Here's what the twitter crowd said about the Bunnymen show tonight:
 
@drunkgirlcomics: Old goth girl sightings galore. Yep, on my way to the Echo and the Bunnymen show!

@Notashopaholic: Echo and the Bunnymen are performing at the Phoenix tonight? I still love their song "Echo Beach". #80sMusic (IKDK: unfortunately I'm thinking you are thinking of Martha And The Muffins; glad you didn't buy tickets)
 
@Notashopaholic: @RubeneDS Now I'm thinking I don't know who Echo and the Bunnymen are. I swear I always thought they sang that song. (IKDK: good, someone let her know)
 
@thegoldenyear: Dropped bro off at The Phoenix for Echo & The Bunnymen. His 8th time beats my 7 Bowies. Considered kneecapping him but opted for equanimity. (IKDK: we would have taken his ticket)
 
@drunkgirlcomics: Do you think there will be a fog machine at Echo and the Bunnymen? Placing bets!

@TonyclementCPC: Echo+Bunnymen are playing "Crocodiles" in its entirety, then will transition into a mix of tracks... (IKDK: Love it when a member of parliament, minister of industry, is giving us the rundown, if right it looks like we won't get Heaven Up Here in its entirety).

@JessicaCapo: Let's Echo Echo! Echo & The Bunnymen take the stage at The Phoenix!

@lawrbaby: @rssto06. wow. So deep. I am at echo and the bunnymen!

IKDK: Then Twitter went dead.....literally I think.....for two hours. I would like to think everyone was mesmorized by the show but I think this was an actual twitter outage. Wait we are back......

@smiller_mtb: Echo & Bunnymen are rocking it out! set 1 done - whole Crocodile album. Now set 2...


@nd set also amazing. 1encore down - the cutter! 2nd encore here we go!!!
@drunkgirlcomics Everyone in the washroom is talking about what a yawn Echo and the Bunnymen are. YAWN. (IKDK: I seem to think the same thing everytime I see them too.)

@_SarahJustine_: Echo and the Bunnymen!!! Awesome show!

@terrylusk: was just assaulted by Echo + the Bunnymen. Over 2 hours and 28 songs of Liverpudlian awesomeness.



Echo - A Promise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rGOl4jdogs



 
 
Kelley Stoltz video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpb0TQe2xps

No comments: