Monday, June 20, 2011

Cults Dundas Square June 18th, 2011 Toronto NXNE
















Cults were warming up the house for Men Without Hats on Saturday night at Dundas Square. Super hyped American band with just the one album and a few singles under their belt and signed to the Sony Label. Not sure if their cut and paste sound works for big open air shows but entertaining none the less. Here is what everyone was saying:

@dixiegong: Cults! At Yonge and Dundas square for NXNE!

@labellebride: I'm not a huge fan of Dundas Square..but the Cults are worth it. Cute and 50s-esque.
 
@terri_to: Watching Cults with a sea of humanity. Smelly humanity. (@ Yonge-Dundas Square w/ @fyang) (IKDK: Good humanity; out with the people who aren't at home cocooning with Netflix)

@spinner: Fucked UP's Damian Abraham loving the Cults backstage at NXNE, Y&D square #nxne (IKDK: who?)

@thecharlesworth: The Cults -- loving them at YD square... Loving my spinner beer koozie too! #nxne

@kylefowle: NXNE: Cults currently putting on a lackluster outdoor performance. Too tired or hungover from their set last night?

@rockthusiast: I honestly didn't think Cults would sound as good outside as they did at Lee's Palace, but I am happily mistaken! #NXNE

@gregivany: Cults are fly #nxne

@johnpapa: At Cults. This is the most time I've spent at Yonge/Dundas Sq. since they paved over whatever the fuck used to be here. #nxnefest

@TheRealJessFord: Good timing. Catching The Cults at Dundas Square. @sarahmaytaylor

@AnaRodro: Cults @ Dundas Square. Love live music with my favourites.

@Lubor: The Cults, amazing. Yonge Dundas Square, persona non grata. #NXNE

@kylefowle: After a disappointing Cults show, I'm off to grab a bite with @SeanFowle and Miranda. Then a set from Braids! #nxne (IKDK: I would tend to agree but we seem to be in the minority)

@gbozward: Cults were good but The Coppertone were much much better #NXNE (IKDK: That's what my peeps said)

@andyalexanderr: Cults are the early contender for set of the day. Now who to see? And don't say Men Without Hat or Devo #NXNE (IKDK: Men Without Hats)

@melodylamb: My phone is dying but I assure you I am getting my NXNE on. Cults killed it at YD Square, now off to the Summerworks party! (IKDK: Panicmanual's Favourite Expression "Killed It")

@ispymusique: Cults were amazing! #NXNE. What a voice!

@kindest_regards: How great was Cults! #nxne

@commedesvoleurs: Cults are my summer band #NXNE

@kelseyparsons: Pitchfork calls Cults a boy/girl duo but they are definitely more girl than boy (vocals wise). Also more pop than expected but catchy! #nxne (IKDK: Pitchfork this)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i1MXHGB8g0

No comments: